Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
Tue April 9, 2013
The Morning Cram [imagination station edition]
From NPR: Ron Howard is heading a project that crowd sources not funding, but creativity. He sent out a call for images that were then culled to inspire several short films. Howard isn’t directing any of them. He’s just mentoring people like Twitter co-founder Biz Stone, actor Jamie Foxx and actress Eva Longoria as they dive into directing.
Kentucky: Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell has raised almost $12 million for hi re-election bid. A Tea Party activist is challenging the legality of the Kentucky Health Benefits Exchange. Traffic will be restricted to one lane on the Cumberland River Bridge starting next Monday. McCracken County pet owners may have to start keeping closer watch on their pets.
Tennessee: Legislation that would make a second cock fighting offense a felony died in the state House yesterday. The final General Assembly vote for a constitutional amendment banning a state income tax passed yesterday. It will go before voters the next year a governor’s election is held. State Sen. Stacey Campfield says Roger Byrge’s lawsuit against him for what he posted on his blog in 2008 is “laughable.”