Most Active Stories
- While Dangerous Predicted Winter Weather Won't Contend With '09 Ice Storm
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- 3 Educators Selected For KY Teacher Hall of Fame
- EKU Plans Response To White Supremacist Flyer Posted In Classroom Buildings
Tue April 9, 2013
McConnell Fundraising Nearing $12 Million for Re-election
Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell has raised nearly $12 million so far for his re-election bid, giving him an enormous head start over any potential Democratic challengers.
Campaign manager Jesse Benton says McConnell will file a report with the Federal Election Commission later this week showing he has raised another $1.8 million since January and that he has about $8.6 million on hand. Republican Party of Kentucky Chairman Steve Robertson says McConnell also raised more than $500,000 since January for the state GOP that will work to support his re-election.
McConnell had raised about $10 million for his re-election by the end of last year. So far McConnell doesn't have a serious challenger.
Actress Ashley Judd had considering running, but announced late last month that she had opted not to.