Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Tue April 9, 2013
McConnell Fundraising Nearing $12 Million for Re-election
Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell has raised nearly $12 million so far for his re-election bid, giving him an enormous head start over any potential Democratic challengers.
Campaign manager Jesse Benton says McConnell will file a report with the Federal Election Commission later this week showing he has raised another $1.8 million since January and that he has about $8.6 million on hand. Republican Party of Kentucky Chairman Steve Robertson says McConnell also raised more than $500,000 since January for the state GOP that will work to support his re-election.
McConnell had raised about $10 million for his re-election by the end of last year. So far McConnell doesn't have a serious challenger.
Actress Ashley Judd had considering running, but announced late last month that she had opted not to.