Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Tue April 9, 2013
Tennessee State Senator Unapologetic in Disposition
Tennessee State Sen. Stacey Campfield calls it "laughable" that a former House candidate is suing him in a $750,000 libel lawsuit.
Roger Byrge is suing Campfield, a Republican, for falsely stating on his blog in the weeks before the 2008 general election that Byrge had a criminal record. Byrge, a Democrat, lost the state House race to Republican Chad Faulkner by fewer than 400 votes.
Campfield in a 2011 deposition filed in court last week was unapologetic for posting false information about Byrge, dismissive of the possibility of paying damages and belittling of the technological skills of fellow lawmakers.
A hearing on a motion to dismiss is set for April 24. If it fails, the case goes to trial in June.