Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
Roads & Highways
Tue April 9, 2013
Cumberland River Bridge Lane Restriction
The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet is restricting traffic on the Cumberland River Bridge at Lake City next Monday to allow a bridge inspection.
Expect one-lane traffic from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Inspectors will attempt to complete their work before the afternoon commute since the bridge is an alternate route to the I-24 work zone. KYTC expects the inspection to take three to four days.
All Kentucky bridges get a detailed inspection every two years. Long-span bridges over lakes and rivers get additional walk-through inspections on an annual basis.