Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Roads & Highways
Tue April 9, 2013
Cumberland River Bridge Lane Restriction
The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet is restricting traffic on the Cumberland River Bridge at Lake City next Monday to allow a bridge inspection.
Expect one-lane traffic from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Inspectors will attempt to complete their work before the afternoon commute since the bridge is an alternate route to the I-24 work zone. KYTC expects the inspection to take three to four days.
All Kentucky bridges get a detailed inspection every two years. Long-span bridges over lakes and rivers get additional walk-through inspections on an annual basis.