Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Roads & Highways
Tue April 9, 2013
Cumberland River Bridge Lane Restriction
The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet is restricting traffic on the Cumberland River Bridge at Lake City next Monday to allow a bridge inspection.
Expect one-lane traffic from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Inspectors will attempt to complete their work before the afternoon commute since the bridge is an alternate route to the I-24 work zone. KYTC expects the inspection to take three to four days.
All Kentucky bridges get a detailed inspection every two years. Long-span bridges over lakes and rivers get additional walk-through inspections on an annual basis.