Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Thu March 7, 2013
The Morning Cram [TANSTAAFL edition]
From NPR: Two months ago, the popular political blogger left the comfortable world of big media and struck out on his own. His bold new plan: Ask readers to pay to subscribe to his blog.
Kentucky: Kentucky House Speaker Greg Stumbo is calling again for passage of a measure to shore up government pensions in the waning days of the legislative session. Kentucky House Democratic leaders have won passage of a legislative redistricting plan that could strengthen their majority by forcing 11 Republicans to run against each other next year. The Crittenden County school district will receive $80,000 dollars in federal funding to reduce diesel emissions from its fleet of buses.
Tennesee: An overhaul of the state’s workers compensation system began moving forward in the Tennessee legislature yesterday. It would remove judges from the process, which is worrying some opponents.
Illinois: Illinois Governor Pat Quinn says inaction on his state’s worst-in-the-nation pension problem has produced Illinois' worst-ever budget.