Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Thu March 7, 2013
The Morning Cram [TANSTAAFL edition]
From NPR: Two months ago, the popular political blogger left the comfortable world of big media and struck out on his own. His bold new plan: Ask readers to pay to subscribe to his blog.
Kentucky: Kentucky House Speaker Greg Stumbo is calling again for passage of a measure to shore up government pensions in the waning days of the legislative session. Kentucky House Democratic leaders have won passage of a legislative redistricting plan that could strengthen their majority by forcing 11 Republicans to run against each other next year. The Crittenden County school district will receive $80,000 dollars in federal funding to reduce diesel emissions from its fleet of buses.
Tennesee: An overhaul of the state’s workers compensation system began moving forward in the Tennessee legislature yesterday. It would remove judges from the process, which is worrying some opponents.
Illinois: Illinois Governor Pat Quinn says inaction on his state’s worst-in-the-nation pension problem has produced Illinois' worst-ever budget.