Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Thu March 7, 2013
Crittenden County Schools Awarded EPA Emission Reduction Funds
The Crittenden County school district will receive $80,000 dollars in federal funding to reduce diesel emissions from its fleet of buses.
The school board will use the money to replace a 1992 diesel bus with a new one powered by propane autogas, which burns cleaner than diesel. The project will also retrofit another 14 diesel buses with emission-control technologies, reducing those emissions by nearly 50 percent. Crittenden School Superintendent Rachel Yarbrough says they’re excited to be a test case for propane school buses in the Commonwealth. The funds were made available through the federal Environmental Protection Agency's Diesel Emission Reduction Act.