Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Thu March 7, 2013
Democrats Win Redistricting In The House
Kentucky House Democratic leaders have won passage of a legislative redistricting plan that could strengthen their majority by forcing 11 Republicans to run against each other next year.
The Democratic-controlled House voted along party lines Wednesday to pass the measure. It now moves to the GOP-led Senate where it faces an uncertain future. The Senate has opted to wait until next year to deal with its own redistricting plan. Moving ahead with the House's version this year would remove a political bargaining chip. Redistricting is supposed to occur every 10 years to account for population changes.