Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Thu March 7, 2013
ILL Gov. Quinn Has Nations “Worst Budget”
Illinois Governor Pat Quinn says inaction on his state’s worst-in-the-nation pension problem has produced Illinois' worst-ever budget.
Quinn proposed a spending plan yesterday slashing funding for schools and universities. It also makes cuts to local governments, public transportation and other programs, though the full extent of those reductions won't be known until the Legislature approves a final budget. Quinn called it "the most difficult budget Illinois has ever faced." He blamed the situation on lawmakers’ failure to fix Illinois' $97 billion dollar pension crisis.