Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Thu March 7, 2013
ILL Gov. Quinn Has Nations “Worst Budget”
Illinois Governor Pat Quinn says inaction on his state’s worst-in-the-nation pension problem has produced Illinois' worst-ever budget.
Quinn proposed a spending plan yesterday slashing funding for schools and universities. It also makes cuts to local governments, public transportation and other programs, though the full extent of those reductions won't be known until the Legislature approves a final budget. Quinn called it "the most difficult budget Illinois has ever faced." He blamed the situation on lawmakers’ failure to fix Illinois' $97 billion dollar pension crisis.