Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Thu March 7, 2013
ILL Gov. Quinn Has Nations “Worst Budget”
Illinois Governor Pat Quinn says inaction on his state’s worst-in-the-nation pension problem has produced Illinois' worst-ever budget.
Quinn proposed a spending plan yesterday slashing funding for schools and universities. It also makes cuts to local governments, public transportation and other programs, though the full extent of those reductions won't be known until the Legislature approves a final budget. Quinn called it "the most difficult budget Illinois has ever faced." He blamed the situation on lawmakers’ failure to fix Illinois' $97 billion dollar pension crisis.