Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- Datebook: May 10 - Anna Jarvis Leads First Mother's Day 105 Years Ago
Thu March 7, 2013
ILL Gov. Quinn Has Nations “Worst Budget”
Illinois Governor Pat Quinn says inaction on his state’s worst-in-the-nation pension problem has produced Illinois' worst-ever budget.
Quinn proposed a spending plan yesterday slashing funding for schools and universities. It also makes cuts to local governments, public transportation and other programs, though the full extent of those reductions won't be known until the Legislature approves a final budget. Quinn called it "the most difficult budget Illinois has ever faced." He blamed the situation on lawmakers’ failure to fix Illinois' $97 billion dollar pension crisis.