Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Thu March 7, 2013
Stumbo Wants To Shore Up KY Government Pensions
Kentucky House Speaker Greg Stumbo is calling again for passage of a measure to shore up government pensions in the waning days of the legislative session.
Stumbo said yesterday he wants to avoid the expense of a special legislative session. The Democratic-controlled House and the Republican-led Senate are at odds over competing proposals for restoring solvency to the pension system, which has a $33 billion unfunded liability.