Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Thu March 7, 2013
Stumbo Wants To Shore Up KY Government Pensions
Kentucky House Speaker Greg Stumbo is calling again for passage of a measure to shore up government pensions in the waning days of the legislative session.
Stumbo said yesterday he wants to avoid the expense of a special legislative session. The Democratic-controlled House and the Republican-led Senate are at odds over competing proposals for restoring solvency to the pension system, which has a $33 billion unfunded liability.