Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Tue December 4, 2012
The Morning Cram [take a look, it's in a book edition]
From NPR: PBS is remixing classics like Reading Rainbow and Mr. Rogers for the pleasure of fans. Be warned, expect plenty of Auto-Tune.
Kentucky: The McCracken County Fiscal court approved funds from the Kentucky Department of Energy and Environment for a USEC worker to continue to try to save jobs at the Paducah Gaseous Diffusion plant. From 2000 to 2011 the number of unemployed young adults not in school made a huge jump in the wrong direction.
Tennessee: Gov. Bill Haslam has still not decided whether to have a state-run health insurance exchange or rely on the federal government to create one. Three original handwritten versions of the Tennessee Constitution are being moved by hand for the public to see.
Illinois: Two top Republicans join an effort to provide illegal immigrants with driver’s licenses. State lawmakers enter into the last three days of their fall session, and it looks like they’ll be skirting several of the big issues. The Department of Human Services joined a national network to track prescription drug abuse.