Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Tue December 4, 2012
IL Lawmakers Return to Springfield
Illinois lawmakers are facing the final three days of the Legislature’s fall session, but big issues like fixing state pension funds or expanding legalized gambling will probably have to wait for January action. The Senate might consider a House-approved resolution opposing wage increases for state workers this year.
Awaiting House action is a potential override of Governor Pat Quinn's budget vetoes forcing the shutdown of state facilities. The Senate also sent the House a plan requiring publicly traded corporations to publicize their tax bills. A vote on legalizing medicinal marijuana could also be called in the House.