Most Active Stories
- Archaeological Dig Yields Artifacts Near New Lake Barkley Bridge
- Henderson Co Schools Cutting 80 Positions Next Year
- McConnell and Paul Introduce Tax Bill for Bourbon Producers
- CHART: Kentucky Tourism Spending on the Rise
- Most of Kentucky's GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Vow to Pull the Plug on Kynect
Tue December 4, 2012
IL Lawmakers Return to Springfield
Illinois lawmakers are facing the final three days of the Legislature’s fall session, but big issues like fixing state pension funds or expanding legalized gambling will probably have to wait for January action. The Senate might consider a House-approved resolution opposing wage increases for state workers this year.
Awaiting House action is a potential override of Governor Pat Quinn's budget vetoes forcing the shutdown of state facilities. The Senate also sent the House a plan requiring publicly traded corporations to publicize their tax bills. A vote on legalizing medicinal marijuana could also be called in the House.