Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Tue December 4, 2012
IL Lawmakers Return to Springfield
Illinois lawmakers are facing the final three days of the Legislature’s fall session, but big issues like fixing state pension funds or expanding legalized gambling will probably have to wait for January action. The Senate might consider a House-approved resolution opposing wage increases for state workers this year.
Awaiting House action is a potential override of Governor Pat Quinn's budget vetoes forcing the shutdown of state facilities. The Senate also sent the House a plan requiring publicly traded corporations to publicize their tax bills. A vote on legalizing medicinal marijuana could also be called in the House.