Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Tue December 4, 2012
Handwritten TN Constitutions Moved By Hand
Three versions of the original handwritten Tennessee Constitution are being carefully moved to the state’s Supreme Court building today in preparation for their upcoming public display. The documents will be carried by hand in archival boxes from a State Library and Archives vault to the Supreme Court building with an escort detail of Tennessee Highway Patrol officers.
This is the first time all three documents will be on display together. They were handwritten in 1796, 1834 and 1870. The public can see them Thursday through Monday.