Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Tue December 4, 2012
TN Still Must Decide on Health Insurance Exchange
The deadline nears for Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam to decide how the state will comply with a key component of the federal health care law. Haslam’s administration has been on the fence about whether to recommend a state-run health insurance exchange or to defer to the federal government to create it.
Haslam says he leans toward having more state control, but criticizes the federal government for not divulging details about how much flexibility the state would have. Tennessee is one of 10 states that have not yet made a decision on the matter. The deadline is Dec. 14.