Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Department of Education Says Midnight Meetings for Dropout Grants Unnecessary
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- Murray Woman Shares Story of Ongoing Persecution of Baha'is in Iran
- USEC Operations at PGPD Won't Continue
Tue December 4, 2012
Top IL Republicans Back Immigrants' Licenses
Top Illinois Republicans are joining an effort to provide driver’s licenses to illegal immigrants. House Minority Leader Tom Cross and Senate Minority Leader Christine Radogno are joining former GOP Gov. Jim Edgar today at the state Capitol to announce their support.
The plan awaiting a Senate floor vote would allow 250,000 illegal immigrants already driving in the state the chance to be tested, licensed and buy insurance. Uninsured immigrant drivers cause 64 million dollars in damage claims each year.