Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Tue December 4, 2012
Top IL Republicans Back Immigrants' Licenses
Top Illinois Republicans are joining an effort to provide driver’s licenses to illegal immigrants. House Minority Leader Tom Cross and Senate Minority Leader Christine Radogno are joining former GOP Gov. Jim Edgar today at the state Capitol to announce their support.
The plan awaiting a Senate floor vote would allow 250,000 illegal immigrants already driving in the state the chance to be tested, licensed and buy insurance. Uninsured immigrant drivers cause 64 million dollars in damage claims each year.