Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Tue December 4, 2012
Top IL Republicans Back Immigrants' Licenses
Top Illinois Republicans are joining an effort to provide driver’s licenses to illegal immigrants. House Minority Leader Tom Cross and Senate Minority Leader Christine Radogno are joining former GOP Gov. Jim Edgar today at the state Capitol to announce their support.
The plan awaiting a Senate floor vote would allow 250,000 illegal immigrants already driving in the state the chance to be tested, licensed and buy insurance. Uninsured immigrant drivers cause 64 million dollars in damage claims each year.