Most Active Stories
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Tuesday, March 4
- Evidence On Marijuana's Health Effects Is Hazy At Best
Thu May 16, 2013
The Morning Cram [senator who? edition]
From NPR: Democratic Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand of New York is introducing legislation with other lawmakers Thursday that would change the way the military prosecutes sexual assault cases. It's the latest high-publicity move for a senator who was almost unknown four years ago when she was appointed to fill Hillary Clinton's Senate seat.
Kentucky: Lourdes Hospital of Paducah has laid off 1.9% of their non-clinical and management workforce. The U.S. Senate passed a bill Wednesday to stop the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers from restricting fishing access around Corps dams, specifically along the Cumberland River. The Murray-Calloway Transit Authority will ask the Calloway County Fiscal Court for $9,000 to help support county ridership. Richie Farmer's federal trial on charges of misappropriating government resources when he was agriculture commissioner has been moved to this fall.
Tennessee: The Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency is kicking off National Safe Boating Week with Wear Your Life Jacket to Work Day tomorrow. The Tennessee Highway Patrol is honoring its fallen troopers this week.
Illinois: Illinois 17-year-olds would be able to vote in primary elections in some cases under legislation headed for Governor Pat Quinn.