Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Thu May 16, 2013
Memorial Service Held For Fallen TN State Troopers
The Tennessee Highway Patrol is honoring its fallen troopers this week. In honor of National Police Week, the agency, along with the state Safety Department and Homeland Security, will have its annual memorial service at 9 a.m. Friday at the Safety Department's headquarters in Nashville. Maj. Gen. Terry Haston, Tennessee's adjutant general, will be the keynote speaker.
Forty-one Tennessee troopers have died in the line of duty. A special remembrance will also be held for the more than 19,000 law enforcement officers killed in the line of duty across the United States.