Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Thu May 16, 2013
Memorial Service Held For Fallen TN State Troopers
The Tennessee Highway Patrol is honoring its fallen troopers this week. In honor of National Police Week, the agency, along with the state Safety Department and Homeland Security, will have its annual memorial service at 9 a.m. Friday at the Safety Department's headquarters in Nashville. Maj. Gen. Terry Haston, Tennessee's adjutant general, will be the keynote speaker.
Forty-one Tennessee troopers have died in the line of duty. A special remembrance will also be held for the more than 19,000 law enforcement officers killed in the line of duty across the United States.