Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu May 16, 2013
Memorial Service Held For Fallen TN State Troopers
The Tennessee Highway Patrol is honoring its fallen troopers this week. In honor of National Police Week, the agency, along with the state Safety Department and Homeland Security, will have its annual memorial service at 9 a.m. Friday at the Safety Department's headquarters in Nashville. Maj. Gen. Terry Haston, Tennessee's adjutant general, will be the keynote speaker.
Forty-one Tennessee troopers have died in the line of duty. A special remembrance will also be held for the more than 19,000 law enforcement officers killed in the line of duty across the United States.