Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Wed May 15, 2013
Lourdes Reduces Workforce
Lourdes Hospital of Paducah has laid off 1.9% of their non-clinical and management workforce.
Hospital spokesman David Simmons would not confirm the total number of people who lost their jobs, however using the 2012 staffing totals would bring the number to approximately 30. Simmons wouldn’t say why the hospital is reducing its workforce.
Additionally Lourdes has closed 20 nursing home beds. The beds are in the transitional care unit, which serves patients in moving to long-term-care facilities. The hospital is allowing patients currently in the unit to complete their stay.