Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Wed May 15, 2013
Lourdes Reduces Workforce
Lourdes Hospital of Paducah has laid off 1.9% of their non-clinical and management workforce.
Hospital spokesman David Simmons would not confirm the total number of people who lost their jobs, however using the 2012 staffing totals would bring the number to approximately 30. Simmons wouldn’t say why the hospital is reducing its workforce.
Additionally Lourdes has closed 20 nursing home beds. The beds are in the transitional care unit, which serves patients in moving to long-term-care facilities. The hospital is allowing patients currently in the unit to complete their stay.