Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Wed May 15, 2013
Lourdes Reduces Workforce
Lourdes Hospital of Paducah has laid off 1.9% of their non-clinical and management workforce.
Hospital spokesman David Simmons would not confirm the total number of people who lost their jobs, however using the 2012 staffing totals would bring the number to approximately 30. Simmons wouldn’t say why the hospital is reducing its workforce.
Additionally Lourdes has closed 20 nursing home beds. The beds are in the transitional care unit, which serves patients in moving to long-term-care facilities. The hospital is allowing patients currently in the unit to complete their stay.