Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
Wed May 15, 2013
Lourdes Reduces Workforce
Lourdes Hospital of Paducah has laid off 1.9% of their non-clinical and management workforce.
Hospital spokesman David Simmons would not confirm the total number of people who lost their jobs, however using the 2012 staffing totals would bring the number to approximately 30. Simmons wouldn’t say why the hospital is reducing its workforce.
Additionally Lourdes has closed 20 nursing home beds. The beds are in the transitional care unit, which serves patients in moving to long-term-care facilities. The hospital is allowing patients currently in the unit to complete their stay.