Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Wed May 15, 2013
Lourdes Reduces Workforce
Lourdes Hospital of Paducah has laid off 1.9% of their non-clinical and management workforce.
Hospital spokesman David Simmons would not confirm the total number of people who lost their jobs, however using the 2012 staffing totals would bring the number to approximately 30. Simmons wouldn’t say why the hospital is reducing its workforce.
Additionally Lourdes has closed 20 nursing home beds. The beds are in the transitional care unit, which serves patients in moving to long-term-care facilities. The hospital is allowing patients currently in the unit to complete their stay.