Most Active Stories
- Winter Storm: KYEM Upgrades Emergency Activation Level, Travel Discouraged
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Wed May 15, 2013
Murray-Calloway County Transit Seeks Funding to Continue Operations
The Murray-Calloway Transit Authority will ask the Calloway County Fiscal Court for $9,000 to help support county ridership.
The appeal to the fiscal court comes after Murray State informed the MCTA they will reduce public transportation funds. To continue the Racer Route program, MCTA Executive Director Bjarne Hansen said he'll seek funding this fall from MSU departments that heavily rely on routes and from the community.
Hansen said while the Red and Gold Racer Routes need revamping, the Blue route will continue as usual.
The MCTA will make their appeal for county funds to the fiscal court Monday, May 21.