Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Wed May 15, 2013
Murray-Calloway County Transit Seeks Funding to Continue Operations
The Murray-Calloway Transit Authority will ask the Calloway County Fiscal Court for $9,000 to help support county ridership.
The appeal to the fiscal court comes after Murray State informed the MCTA they will reduce public transportation funds. To continue the Racer Route program, MCTA Executive Director Bjarne Hansen said he'll seek funding this fall from MSU departments that heavily rely on routes and from the community.
Hansen said while the Red and Gold Racer Routes need revamping, the Blue route will continue as usual.
The MCTA will make their appeal for county funds to the fiscal court Monday, May 21.