Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Wed May 15, 2013
Murray-Calloway County Transit Seeks Funding to Continue Operations
The Murray-Calloway Transit Authority will ask the Calloway County Fiscal Court for $9,000 to help support county ridership.
The appeal to the fiscal court comes after Murray State informed the MCTA they will reduce public transportation funds. To continue the Racer Route program, MCTA Executive Director Bjarne Hansen said he'll seek funding this fall from MSU departments that heavily rely on routes and from the community.
Hansen said while the Red and Gold Racer Routes need revamping, the Blue route will continue as usual.
The MCTA will make their appeal for county funds to the fiscal court Monday, May 21.