Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Thu May 16, 2013
ILL Gov. Quinn Gets Lower Voting Age Legislation
Illinois 17-year-olds would be able to vote in primary elections in some cases under legislation headed for Governor Pat Quinn. The measure would allow voters as young as 17 to cast ballots in primaries if they will be 18 by the time of the general election.
The Senate approved the bill 43-9. State Senator Terry Link says lowering the voting age would encourage greater participation in the electoral process. Nineteen other states allow 17-year-olds to vote.