Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Mon October 21, 2013
Morning Cram [reading rainbow edition]
From NPR: A rural Missouri librarian transitions the one-room library into a learning hub, sorting out old cooking magazines and curating a collection of needed literary classics.
Kentucky: U.S. Sen. Rand Paul is stopping across western Kentucky today. Murray State University’s football team beat Austin Peay State University at MSU’s Homecoming this weekend. The Kentucky medical community works toward paperless care for its patients. Some Kentucky river towns are concerned about spending cuts that have limited the funds for river gauges. A large addition to the Big Rivers Wildlife Area is being dedicated Wednesday.
Tennessee: The Governor’s Commission for Judicial Appointments is accepting applications for vacancies.
Illinois: A deadline for opponents who want to challenge state lawmakers could keep the legislators from addressing controversial issues in their upcoming session. The expiration of an online betting law for horse races has some in the state worried.
Alabama: The Tennessee Valley Authority’s Regional Energy Resource Council is holding its first meeting to discuss its long-term energy goals.