Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Mon October 21, 2013
Online Wagering Law's Expiration Causing Worry in Illinois
The Illinois horse racing industry could find itself in a bind if lawmakers don't renew an online betting law that expires in January.
Race dates at Illinois racetracks would be severely cut if lawmakers don't take action to renew the betting law and give the state’s racing board access to money online wagering generates. The issue could come up when the General Assembly convenes Tuesday or it could also be rolled into a debate over a larger gambling expansion package.
Racing board officials and representatives from the state's racetracks have spent weeks lobbying lawmakers. But Gov. Pat Quinn's office says lawmakers must fix the state's pension crisis before he considers anything else.