Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Mon October 21, 2013
Kentucky Towns Concerned About Funding Cuts to River Gauges
Officials in some towns along Kentucky's rivers are worried about being left blind the next time a waterway reaches overflow levels because of spending cuts.
Federal budget cuts that were part of the $1.2 million mandatory cutback in spending have eliminated river gauges that alert towns when the water is about to burst its banks.
Officials are concerned that the federal government shutdown may shut off the few gauges that are left as local governments scramble to pay for the gauges.