Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Mon October 21, 2013
Kentucky Towns Concerned About Funding Cuts to River Gauges
Officials in some towns along Kentucky's rivers are worried about being left blind the next time a waterway reaches overflow levels because of spending cuts.
Federal budget cuts that were part of the $1.2 million mandatory cutback in spending have eliminated river gauges that alert towns when the water is about to burst its banks.
Officials are concerned that the federal government shutdown may shut off the few gauges that are left as local governments scramble to pay for the gauges.