Most Active Stories
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Tuesday, March 4
Mon October 21, 2013
Big Rivers Wildlife Area Addition Being Dedicated
A massive addition to the Big Rivers Wildlife Management Area and State Forest is being dedicated this week. The Kentucky Division of Forestry and the state Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources is meeting with lawmakers, local officials and funding partners Wednesday on the more than 4,000 acre property.
Public and private partners helped the agencies acquire the Crittenden County property this month. It will soon be open to hunters, anglers, hikers and others and is being permanently protected for conservation. The agencies dedicated the first phase last year, a more than 2,500 acre tract in Union County. Fish and Wildlife Deputy Commissioner Benjy Kinman says the $12.6 million purchase was made without using license and permit fees from anglers and hunters.