Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- UPDATED: Forest Service Officials Tour Controversial LBL Management Projects with Students
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Fri November 16, 2012
The Morning Cram [duck duck goose edition]
From NPR: As members of the House and Senate head to Capitol Hill for the final weeks of this Congress, perhaps they will bring the "Spirit of 2010" with them. Despite partisan bickering, the lame-duck session two years ago got big things done. Then again, those lawmakers weren't being asked to avert a fiscal cliff.
Kentucky: A St. Louis-based coal company with mines throughout the region has agreed to phase out its mountaintop removal sites. The Murray State men’s basketball team defeated Auburn University 79 to 59 last night in the first round of the Charleston Classic tournament in South Carolina. Kentucky residents could get part of a 49 state settlement if their home was foreclosed on between 2008 and 2011. Several western Kentucky counties are moving toward Work Ready Community status. The deadline is nearing for delinquent Kentucky taxpayers to take advantage of an amnesty period.