Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Fri November 16, 2012
The Morning Cram [duck duck goose edition]
From NPR: As members of the House and Senate head to Capitol Hill for the final weeks of this Congress, perhaps they will bring the "Spirit of 2010" with them. Despite partisan bickering, the lame-duck session two years ago got big things done. Then again, those lawmakers weren't being asked to avert a fiscal cliff.
Kentucky: A St. Louis-based coal company with mines throughout the region has agreed to phase out its mountaintop removal sites. The Murray State men’s basketball team defeated Auburn University 79 to 59 last night in the first round of the Charleston Classic tournament in South Carolina. Kentucky residents could get part of a 49 state settlement if their home was foreclosed on between 2008 and 2011. Several western Kentucky counties are moving toward Work Ready Community status. The deadline is nearing for delinquent Kentucky taxpayers to take advantage of an amnesty period.