Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Fri November 16, 2012
Western Kentucky Counties Moving Toward Work Ready Status
Several western Kentucky counties are moving toward Work Ready Community status. McCracken and Christian counties have joined Union County in receiving the Work Ready Community in Progress designation from the Kentucky Workforce Investment Board.
The certification shows employers that a local workforce has the skills necessary to staff positions new companies will offer. The “in-progress” level means a county has a viable plan to meet the full Work Ready criteria within three years. Current western Kentucky Work Ready Communities include Henderson and Daviess counties.