Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Fri November 16, 2012
Western Kentucky Counties Moving Toward Work Ready Status
Several western Kentucky counties are moving toward Work Ready Community status. McCracken and Christian counties have joined Union County in receiving the Work Ready Community in Progress designation from the Kentucky Workforce Investment Board.
The certification shows employers that a local workforce has the skills necessary to staff positions new companies will offer. The “in-progress” level means a county has a viable plan to meet the full Work Ready criteria within three years. Current western Kentucky Work Ready Communities include Henderson and Daviess counties.