Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Fri November 16, 2012
Western Kentucky Counties Moving Toward Work Ready Status
Several western Kentucky counties are moving toward Work Ready Community status. McCracken and Christian counties have joined Union County in receiving the Work Ready Community in Progress designation from the Kentucky Workforce Investment Board.
The certification shows employers that a local workforce has the skills necessary to staff positions new companies will offer. The “in-progress” level means a county has a viable plan to meet the full Work Ready criteria within three years. Current western Kentucky Work Ready Communities include Henderson and Daviess counties.