Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Fri November 16, 2012
Western Kentucky Counties Moving Toward Work Ready Status
Several western Kentucky counties are moving toward Work Ready Community status. McCracken and Christian counties have joined Union County in receiving the Work Ready Community in Progress designation from the Kentucky Workforce Investment Board.
The certification shows employers that a local workforce has the skills necessary to staff positions new companies will offer. The “in-progress” level means a county has a viable plan to meet the full Work Ready criteria within three years. Current western Kentucky Work Ready Communities include Henderson and Daviess counties.