Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Fri November 16, 2012
Western Kentucky Counties Moving Toward Work Ready Status
Several western Kentucky counties are moving toward Work Ready Community status. McCracken and Christian counties have joined Union County in receiving the Work Ready Community in Progress designation from the Kentucky Workforce Investment Board.
The certification shows employers that a local workforce has the skills necessary to staff positions new companies will offer. The “in-progress” level means a county has a viable plan to meet the full Work Ready criteria within three years. Current western Kentucky Work Ready Communities include Henderson and Daviess counties.