Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30th
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
- Mid-Continent University "Doing Everything They Can To Stay Open"
Fri November 16, 2012
Tax Amnesty Deadline Approaching
The deadline is nearing for delinquent Kentucky taxpayers to take advantage of an amnesty period. Kentucky officials say this is the first amnesty period in 10 years and allows people to pay taxes that are due without paying fees or penalties and having the interest reduced by half.
The Finance and Administration Cabinet says since amnesty began October 1st, nearly 25,000 calls have been fielded and more than 10,000 people and companies have made payments. The deadline is November 30th, and the state says after that, penalties and interest as well as collection efforts will increase.