Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Fri November 16, 2012
Kentucky Residents Could Get Part of Foreclosure Settlement
Kentucky residents could get part of a 49 state settlement if their home was foreclosed on between 2008 and 2011. The Paducah Sun reports the $25 billion settlement between the states and five of the country’s biggest banks means 16,000 Kentuckians could be eligible for $2,000 in relief funds.
Attorney General Jack Conway says they’ve mailed notices to almost 6,000 homeowners who had their homes foreclosed on. Conway says they’re trying to contact others who may be eligible for payment. He says claims must be filed by January 18th to receive funds.