Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Tue October 22, 2013
The Morning Cram [apples to apples edition]
From NPR: Last year, the Michigan apple harvest was dismal. But this year apple growers are worried there won’t be enough pickers for the crop.
Kentucky: Sen. Marco Rubio endorses Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell for another term. The U.S. Department of Homeland Security granted funding for 119 projects across Kentucky. Gov. Steve Beshear opens a new emergency operations center in Frankfort. Kentucky sees a heated debate about its new science standards.
Illinois: Federal workers in Illinois who were furloughed during the partial government shutdown and received unemployment insurance benefits must now pay them back. Thousands of people rally at the state Capitol today to support same-sex marriage.
Tennessee: A Tennessee Valley Authority audit showed a company that cleaned up the Kingston Fossil Plant overbilled the agency nearly $2.2 million.