Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
Tue October 22, 2013
Thousands Expected At Illinois Same-Sex Marriage Rally
Thousands of disappointed Illinois residents are expected at the state Capitol to rally for same-sex marriage.
Organizers say several thousand people are expected to take part in today's "March on Springfield." The grassroots effort is urging lawmakers to pass same-sex marriage legislation.
The Illinois Senate approved the measure last February, but it has stalled in the House. House Speaker Michael Madigan has said about a dozen votes are still needed.
Democratic U.S. Senator Dick Durbin and Democratic Governor Pat Quinn are expected at the event. The governor says he'll sign the legislation if it's approved.