Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Tue October 22, 2013
Thousands Expected At Illinois Same-Sex Marriage Rally
Thousands of disappointed Illinois residents are expected at the state Capitol to rally for same-sex marriage.
Organizers say several thousand people are expected to take part in today's "March on Springfield." The grassroots effort is urging lawmakers to pass same-sex marriage legislation.
The Illinois Senate approved the measure last February, but it has stalled in the House. House Speaker Michael Madigan has said about a dozen votes are still needed.
Democratic U.S. Senator Dick Durbin and Democratic Governor Pat Quinn are expected at the event. The governor says he'll sign the legislation if it's approved.