Most Active Stories
- While Dangerous Predicted Winter Weather Won't Contend With '09 Ice Storm
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- EKU Plans Response To White Supremacist Flyer Posted In Classroom Buildings
- 3 Educators Selected For KY Teacher Hall of Fame
Tue October 22, 2013
Thousands Expected At Illinois Same-Sex Marriage Rally
Thousands of disappointed Illinois residents are expected at the state Capitol to rally for same-sex marriage.
Organizers say several thousand people are expected to take part in today's "March on Springfield." The grassroots effort is urging lawmakers to pass same-sex marriage legislation.
The Illinois Senate approved the measure last February, but it has stalled in the House. House Speaker Michael Madigan has said about a dozen votes are still needed.
Democratic U.S. Senator Dick Durbin and Democratic Governor Pat Quinn are expected at the event. The governor says he'll sign the legislation if it's approved.