Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Tue October 22, 2013
Kentucky Awarded $2.8M in Security Grants
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security is giving Kentucky nearly $3 million in grants that will be distributed to agencies across the state.
The $2.8 million in grants will fund 119 projects. Governor Steve Beshear’s office says the money will fund training, citizen preparedness and equipment for first-responders, communications and infrastructure.
About half of the funding is for communications equipment like alert systems, 911 projects, computers and radios. More than a million dollars in grants is for bomb detection equipment as well as medical, protective and search-and-rescue items.
Kentucky Office of Homeland Security Executive Director Gene Kiser says local agencies submitted 235 applications totaling $13 million in grant requests.