Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Tue November 12, 2013
The Morning Cram [rising tide edition]
From NPR: New ordinances adopted in the South Florida city require that new homes feature freshwater cisterns and be built higher than the current flood plain level. Three years ago, Key West joined other Florida cities planning for the impact of climate change. Says Key West's planning director, "We are in all senses of the word, vulnerable to sea level rise."
Kentucky: Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell has received the endorsement of the Kentucky Federation of College Republicans. Baptist church leaders are in Paducah for the annual meeting of the Kentucky Baptist Convention. Kentucky Attorney General Jack Conway says he will argue a case over the powers of his office before the state Supreme Court this week.
Tennessee: The Tennessee Valley Authority says its campgrounds and visitor centers at TVA dams and reservoirs are reducing hours or closing as the 2013 recreation season comes to an end.