Most Active Stories
- Archaeological Dig Yields Artifacts Near New Lake Barkley Bridge
- Henderson Co Schools Cutting 80 Positions Next Year
- McConnell and Paul Introduce Tax Bill for Bourbon Producers
- CHART: Kentucky Tourism Spending on the Rise
- Most of Kentucky's GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Vow to Pull the Plug on Kynect
Tue November 12, 2013
Paducah Hosts Baptist Meeting
Baptist church leaders are in Paducah for the annual meeting of the Kentucky Baptist Convention.
The meeting today at Lone Oak First Baptist Church will include the election of a president and resolution votes.
One of the resolutions seeks to honor Albert Mohler for his 20 years as president of the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville.
The event will include an update about the Baptist-affiliated Sunrise Children's Services, which operates homes for abused children. Last week the Sunrise board of directors voted down a proposal to open employment to gays.
The annual meeting was preceded by several days of outreach events in Paducah, including a ministry visit with inmates at the McCracken County Jail.