Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- Bad Luck: Murray Business Loses Office After Collapse, Then Fire Threatens New Office
Tue November 12, 2013
Paducah Hosts Baptist Meeting
Baptist church leaders are in Paducah for the annual meeting of the Kentucky Baptist Convention.
The meeting today at Lone Oak First Baptist Church will include the election of a president and resolution votes.
One of the resolutions seeks to honor Albert Mohler for his 20 years as president of the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville.
The event will include an update about the Baptist-affiliated Sunrise Children's Services, which operates homes for abused children. Last week the Sunrise board of directors voted down a proposal to open employment to gays.
The annual meeting was preceded by several days of outreach events in Paducah, including a ministry visit with inmates at the McCracken County Jail.