Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Tue November 12, 2013
AG Argues KY Supreme Court Case
Kentucky Attorney General Jack Conway says he will argue a case over the powers of his office before the state Supreme Court this week.
The Courier-Journal reports justices will consider under what circumstances the office can participate in investigations across the state.
The case stems from two drug trafficking cases in eastern Kentucky in which Court of Appeals panels have ruled that the Attorney General has jurisdiction only when local officials or the governor request it.
Conway is arguing his office could be stripped of its power.
The newspaper reports the case will be the first that Conway has argued since he took office in 2008.