Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Tue November 12, 2013
TVA Recreation Season Comes To A Close
The Tennessee Valley Authority says its campgrounds and visitor centers at TVA dams and reservoirs are reducing hours or closing as the 2013 recreation season comes to an end.
TVA campgrounds on Cherokee, Douglas, Melton Hill and Wilson dam reservations will close Monday.
Two campgrounds downstream of Douglas and Pickwick dams will remain open one month longer until December 16.
TVA campgrounds will reopen in mid-March. The visitor center at Kentucky Reservoir will open under abbreviated hours of 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. through April.
mccracken county fiscal court