Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Tue November 12, 2013
TVA Recreation Season Comes To A Close
The Tennessee Valley Authority says its campgrounds and visitor centers at TVA dams and reservoirs are reducing hours or closing as the 2013 recreation season comes to an end.
TVA campgrounds on Cherokee, Douglas, Melton Hill and Wilson dam reservations will close Monday.
Two campgrounds downstream of Douglas and Pickwick dams will remain open one month longer until December 16.
TVA campgrounds will reopen in mid-March. The visitor center at Kentucky Reservoir will open under abbreviated hours of 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. through April.
mccracken county fiscal court