Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Mon August 5, 2013
The Morning Cram [out to pasture edition]
From NPR: The world's soil is in trouble. Ecologists say without dramatic changes to how we manage land, vast swathes of grassland are at risk of turning into hard-packed desert. To make sure that doesn't happen, researchers are testing out innovative ways to keep moisture in the soil.
Kentucky: The state has been invaded, and the state Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources is fighting back. Two western Kentucky airports are receiving more than $1.7 million in funding for runway improvements. Ten young women have stepped forward to add their voices — and faces — to the anti-bullying cry. Kentucky Attorney General Jack Conway says U.S. Department of Energy officials will request an additional $35 million for cleanup of the Paducah Gaseous Diffusion site.
Illinois: A new law says Illinois schools must offer catastrophic insurance coverage for student athletes.