Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Mon August 5, 2013
Paducah Art Project Confronts Bullying
Ten young women have stepped forward to add their voices — and faces — to the anti-bullying cry. The young women, all of whom have experienced bullying, posed for close-up portraits as part of the international Inside Out project in Paducah.
The public art project gives people around the world the opportunity to share their faces and make a statement for a cause that matters to them. Susan Guess is an anti-bullying advocate who helped coordinate the project with local portrait photographer Glenn Hall. Guess said the subjects in the black and white portraits range from elementary school children to college-age women. The young women who participated put 30 three-by-five foot posters outside the Ruth Baggett Gallery last week.