Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Mon August 5, 2013
Western KY Airports Getting Federal Money
Two western Kentucky airports are receiving more than $1.7 million in funding for runway improvements. The Sturgis Municipal Airport in Union County is getting a total of $1.6 million for runway maintenance, and Muhlenberg County Airport will receive $167,000 for the design of a new partial taxiway and apron expansion.
Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear says keeping the airports maintained helps promote economic development in the state. Funding for these projects includes a $1.4 million Federal Aviation Administration grant for the Sturgis airport and a $150,000 FAA grant for the Muhlenberg County Airport. Remaining funding will be provided by the state and airport boards.