Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Department of Education Says Midnight Meetings for Dropout Grants Unnecessary
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
Fri March 8, 2013
The Morning Cram [it’s gettin’ hot in here edition]
From NPR: In the past 100 years, average temperatures on Earth have changed by 1.3 degrees. Previously, that large of a swing took 5,000 years. That's the word from researchers who pored over temperature data going back to the end of the last ice age.
Kentucky: A bill headed to Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear gives stronger protections in court to people who claim the government has infringed upon their religious freedom. Kentucky House and Senate leaders have changed the schedule of this year's legislative session to avoid a special session. Eastern Kentucky battles Murray State in an Ohio Valley Conference semi final game tonight in Nashville.
Tennesee: A Republican-led push to use college IDs to vote was held up on the floor of the Tennessee Senate yesterday. TennCare officials have announced the open enrollment date for a program that helps with high unpaid medical bills for lower-income, elderly or disabled people.