Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Fri March 8, 2013
The Morning Cram [it’s gettin’ hot in here edition]
From NPR: In the past 100 years, average temperatures on Earth have changed by 1.3 degrees. Previously, that large of a swing took 5,000 years. That's the word from researchers who pored over temperature data going back to the end of the last ice age.
Kentucky: A bill headed to Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear gives stronger protections in court to people who claim the government has infringed upon their religious freedom. Kentucky House and Senate leaders have changed the schedule of this year's legislative session to avoid a special session. Eastern Kentucky battles Murray State in an Ohio Valley Conference semi final game tonight in Nashville.
Tennesee: A Republican-led push to use college IDs to vote was held up on the floor of the Tennessee Senate yesterday. TennCare officials have announced the open enrollment date for a program that helps with high unpaid medical bills for lower-income, elderly or disabled people.