Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Fri March 8, 2013
Beshear To See Religious Rights Bill Today
A bill headed to Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear gives stronger protections in court to people who claim the government has infringed upon their religious freedom. The Senate approved the legislation Thursday, almost a week after the House passed the measure. A handful of House and the Senate lawmakers have claimed the bill could go too far and open a Pandora's box of litigation. They say the bill could allow organizations to undermine civil rights protections or deny social services based on religious beliefs. Proponents say such matters would be left to the courts.