Most Active Stories
- Archaeological Dig Yields Artifacts Near New Lake Barkley Bridge
- Henderson Co Schools Cutting 80 Positions Next Year
- McConnell and Paul Introduce Tax Bill for Bourbon Producers
- CHART: Kentucky Tourism Spending on the Rise
- Most of Kentucky's GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Vow to Pull the Plug on Kynect
Fri March 8, 2013
Racers To Play Colonels In First OVC Semi-Final
Eastern Kentucky battles Murray State in an Ohio Valley Conference semi final game tonight in Nashville. A year ago, Murray State was a solid favorite to win the OVC. The Racers held up to the expectations and made a good run during March Madness. This year it’s been more difficult with Murray losing six conference games. So, Head Coach Steve Prohm said his team has something to prove in this week’s tournament.
“I think everybody has counted us out,” Prohm said. “You know if you talk to everybody, I think they say Murray’s probably done, Murray’s probably done. And we’re okay with people thinking that. We’ll be there Friday night and ready to go.”
Eastern beat Southeast Missouri State by 15 points last night. Colonel Eric Stutz tied a career best with 22 points. He also had 10 rebounds. Tip off tonight is around nine o clock. The opening semi final game pits Belmont against Tennessee State. T-S-U beat Morehead last night to advance.