Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri March 8, 2013
TennCare Preparing For Spend Down Open Enrollment
TennCare officials have announced the open enrollment date for a program that helps with high unpaid medical bills for lower-income, elderly or disabled people.
The TennCare Standard Spend Down program open enrollment will sign up 2,500 new applicants. Applications will be accepted beginning at 6 p.m. March 21.The line will be shut down once 2,500 applications have been received. During previous open enrollment periods, it took only an hour to receive 2,500 applications.The program is for low-income individuals or those who are aged, blind, disabled or the caretaker relative of a Medicaid eligible child. To qualify, eligible individuals must have enough unpaid medical bills to meet the "spend down" threshold.