Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Fri March 8, 2013
TennCare Preparing For Spend Down Open Enrollment
TennCare officials have announced the open enrollment date for a program that helps with high unpaid medical bills for lower-income, elderly or disabled people.
The TennCare Standard Spend Down program open enrollment will sign up 2,500 new applicants. Applications will be accepted beginning at 6 p.m. March 21.The line will be shut down once 2,500 applications have been received. During previous open enrollment periods, it took only an hour to receive 2,500 applications.The program is for low-income individuals or those who are aged, blind, disabled or the caretaker relative of a Medicaid eligible child. To qualify, eligible individuals must have enough unpaid medical bills to meet the "spend down" threshold.