Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
Tue July 23, 2013
The Morning Cram [heart healthy edition]
From NPR: A new study finds that men who routinely skipped breakfast had a 27 percent higher risk of having a heart attack or dying from coronary heart disease compared to men who ate breakfast.
Kentucky: The McCracken County Fiscal Court passed a resolution Monday demanding certain actions from the Department of Energy. Kentucky’s two largest public universities are developing a new program that will allow students to earn a degree issued by both schools. Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell says President Obama needs to personally address the backlog of disability claims handled by the Veterans Affairs Department.
Tennessee: The National Association of Secretaries of State has elected Tennessee Secretary of State Tre Hargett as its new president. A Tennessee Republican wants to freeze tuition at that state’s colleges and universities.