Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Tue July 23, 2013
TN Secretary of State Elected President Of National Group
The National Association of Secretaries of State has elected Tennessee Secretary of State Tre Hargett as its new president. Hargett most recently served as the group's treasurer. He has been Tennessee's secretary of state since 2009.
Prior to that, he was a member of the state General Assembly for 10 years and later the chairman of the Tennessee Regulatory Authority. Hargett says citizens are counting on the national group to lead the way in developing best practices for running honest and efficient elections, increasing voter turnout and civic awareness, and protecting people and businesses from unnecessary federal laws and regulations.