Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Tue July 23, 2013
U of L, UK Partnership Creates MBA Program
Kentucky’s two largest public universities are developing a new program that will allow students to earn a degree issued by both schools. The Master of Business Administration program is being targeted to established executives in the region.
Charlie Moyer is dean of the University of Louisville business school. He says there IS demand for the degree, and neither U of L nor the University of Kentucky has a program quite like this.
“It was pretty clear that if one of us did it, the other was probably going to do it too," he said. "And I don’t think there’s demand for two programs and neither do they.”
Moyer says they’ll be looking for executives with at least a dozen years of experience. The MBA program is expected to be ready for fall 2014, but course details and other program specifics are still being worked out.
Officials do know that students will spend half their time at each school during the program, which is expected to take around a year-and-a-half to complete.
U of L and UK will also split costs and revenue.