Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Tue August 6, 2013
The Morning Cram [claim this edition]
From NPR: Sen. Max Baucus and Rep. Dave Camp skip much of Washington's formality when they're out traveling the country to try to drum up support for simplifying the tax code. They want to convince Americans — and their colleagues in Congress — that it's possible, and worth it.
Kentucky: More than 100 people received free medical care on the first day of a week-long run for a free clinic in Mayfield. Nearly three dozen Kentucky counties will receive refunds from coal mining permit and acreage fees. Gov. Steve Beshear is bragging about Kentucky's standing as the nation's third-ranked automobile-producing state. State Police are holding the teen driving academy known as "Drive to Stay Alive" again this summer.
Illinois: Gov. Pat Quinn has signed three road safety bills into law, including one beefing up adult drivers' education requirements.