Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Tue August 6, 2013
Beshear Says KY 3rd In Car Production Nationally
Gov. Steve Beshear is bragging about Kentucky's standing as the nation's third-ranked automobile-producing state. Beshear said yesterday that only Ohio and Michigan produced more vehicles in the first half of 2013. And he said Kentucky is on pace to surpass last year's production total of more than 1 million vehicles. The second-term Democrat said growth in the automobile industry means more jobs and a stronger economy in Kentucky.
Last year, the state's four assembly plants produced 1,025,730 vehicles. Beshear says he expects to top that this year by some 290,000 vehicles. Kentucky has plants that produce Ford and Toyota as well as GM's sporty Corvette. The state also has more than 450 automobile-related plants.