Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Tue August 13, 2013
The Morning Cram [the buck stops there edition]
From NPR: Free-standing emergency rooms, separate from hospitals, are popping up across the country. Many look like urgent-care centers, but the ERs charge much more. Many consumers don't realize the difference until they get the bill.
Kentucky: A new state high school competition involving pots and pans will take place during the Kentucky State Fair. U.S. Sen. Rand Paul is back in his home state during a congressional recess. Kentucky students will have an opportunity this fall to help raise awareness of the state's "Nature's Finest" license plate programs. Kentucky may be ahead of the curve when it comes to lighter sentencing standards being proposed by AG Holder.
Tennessee: Authorities say a former Obion County drug court probation officer has been charged with stealing from probationers. The Tennessee Supreme Court has overturned an antiquated rule classifying statutory rape victims as accomplices.