Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Tue August 13, 2013
Land Conservation Fund To Sponsor Video Contest
Kentucky students will have an opportunity this fall to help raise awareness of the state's "Nature's Finest" license plate programs. The Kentucky Heritage Land Conservation Fund is seeking creative and original videos from high school, college, trade or professional school students in the state.
The students are being asked to describe what the Heritage Land Conservation Fund does and its importance to Kentucky. Since 1993, the land conservation fund has granted money to state agencies and local governments to purchase more than 80,000 acres of natural areas. Its goal is to preserve those areas in their natural state. A portion of the funding comes from the sale of "Nature's Finest" license plates. The contest begins Thursday. Information about the video contest can be found http://heritageland.ky.gov .