Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Tue August 13, 2013
Former Obion County Probation Officer Indicted
Authorities say a former Obion County drug court probation officer has been charged with stealing more than $63,000 from probationers she had been monitoring. The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation said yesterday 44-year-old Martha Sue Moore has been indicted on two counts of theft over $60,000 and one count of money laundering. Investigators say Moore reported incorrect amounts of money she collected from probationers while working for Westate Corrections Network.
The TBI says Westate discovered a discrepancy in money collected while preparing for an audit. According to the TBI, the state comptroller's office conducted an audit that showed Moore stole more than $63,000 from 2006 until early 2013. Moore was booked into the Obion County Jail on 150 thousand bond. Her initial court appearance is scheduled for Friday.