Most Active Stories
- While Dangerous Predicted Winter Weather Won't Contend With '09 Ice Storm
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- EKU Plans Response To White Supremacist Flyer Posted In Classroom Buildings
- 3 Educators Selected For KY Teacher Hall of Fame
Tue August 13, 2013
Former Obion County Probation Officer Indicted
Authorities say a former Obion County drug court probation officer has been charged with stealing more than $63,000 from probationers she had been monitoring. The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation said yesterday 44-year-old Martha Sue Moore has been indicted on two counts of theft over $60,000 and one count of money laundering. Investigators say Moore reported incorrect amounts of money she collected from probationers while working for Westate Corrections Network.
The TBI says Westate discovered a discrepancy in money collected while preparing for an audit. According to the TBI, the state comptroller's office conducted an audit that showed Moore stole more than $63,000 from 2006 until early 2013. Moore was booked into the Obion County Jail on 150 thousand bond. Her initial court appearance is scheduled for Friday.