Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Tue August 13, 2013
Former Obion County Probation Officer Indicted
Authorities say a former Obion County drug court probation officer has been charged with stealing more than $63,000 from probationers she had been monitoring. The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation said yesterday 44-year-old Martha Sue Moore has been indicted on two counts of theft over $60,000 and one count of money laundering. Investigators say Moore reported incorrect amounts of money she collected from probationers while working for Westate Corrections Network.
The TBI says Westate discovered a discrepancy in money collected while preparing for an audit. According to the TBI, the state comptroller's office conducted an audit that showed Moore stole more than $63,000 from 2006 until early 2013. Moore was booked into the Obion County Jail on 150 thousand bond. Her initial court appearance is scheduled for Friday.