Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Tue August 13, 2013
Top High School Prep Chefs To Compete In State Fair
A new state high school competition involving pots and pans will take place during the Kentucky State Fair. The state Agriculture Department says the first Kentucky Farm to School Junior Chef Cook Off will start Thursday and continue until Aug. 23 at the Kentucky Exposition Center in Louisville.
Fifteen teams advanced earlier this year to compete for the Junior Chef title on the Gourmet Garden Stage in the lobby of South Wing A. State Agriculture Commissioner James Comer says the competition allows young people to learn cooking skills and understand the importance of buying locally grown foods.
Teams competing from western Kentucky include Fort Campbell and Mayfield.