Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue August 13, 2013
Top High School Prep Chefs To Compete In State Fair
A new state high school competition involving pots and pans will take place during the Kentucky State Fair. The state Agriculture Department says the first Kentucky Farm to School Junior Chef Cook Off will start Thursday and continue until Aug. 23 at the Kentucky Exposition Center in Louisville.
Fifteen teams advanced earlier this year to compete for the Junior Chef title on the Gourmet Garden Stage in the lobby of South Wing A. State Agriculture Commissioner James Comer says the competition allows young people to learn cooking skills and understand the importance of buying locally grown foods.
Teams competing from western Kentucky include Fort Campbell and Mayfield.