Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Tue August 13, 2013
Top High School Prep Chefs To Compete In State Fair
A new state high school competition involving pots and pans will take place during the Kentucky State Fair. The state Agriculture Department says the first Kentucky Farm to School Junior Chef Cook Off will start Thursday and continue until Aug. 23 at the Kentucky Exposition Center in Louisville.
Fifteen teams advanced earlier this year to compete for the Junior Chef title on the Gourmet Garden Stage in the lobby of South Wing A. State Agriculture Commissioner James Comer says the competition allows young people to learn cooking skills and understand the importance of buying locally grown foods.
Teams competing from western Kentucky include Fort Campbell and Mayfield.