Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Outgoing CCHS Football Coach Overspent Around $30,000
- House Speaker Stumbo Files Bill to Prohibit Brewery-Owned Distributorships
- Paducah Riverfront Hotel Undergoes Design Changes, Delays Possible
- Local Distillery to Produce George Jones-Brand Moonshine
- Kentucky Fish and Wildlife Officials Say No Regulation for Asian Carp Harvests
Tue August 13, 2013
Top High School Prep Chefs To Compete In State Fair
A new state high school competition involving pots and pans will take place during the Kentucky State Fair. The state Agriculture Department says the first Kentucky Farm to School Junior Chef Cook Off will start Thursday and continue until Aug. 23 at the Kentucky Exposition Center in Louisville.
Fifteen teams advanced earlier this year to compete for the Junior Chef title on the Gourmet Garden Stage in the lobby of South Wing A. State Agriculture Commissioner James Comer says the competition allows young people to learn cooking skills and understand the importance of buying locally grown foods.
Teams competing from western Kentucky include Fort Campbell and Mayfield.